Is there a FileMaker Users’ Community somewhere ?
You can explore a place where you’ll find a lot of FileMaker users just like you.
This FileMaker Inc. free resource site is called the FileMaker Community and is since july 2015 only in english.
FileMaker Community key features include:
- Technical Documentation
- Sales Tools
- Developer News
- Technical Resource Library
- Users and Developer Discussion Forum
and obviously all the independant initiatives from the members that you will find for instance in the FileMaker Forum post (English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, …) .
Another possibility is to join a FileMaker user group :
User groups are a great way to learn about FileMaker Pro, exchange ideas, make contacts and meet others with similar interests.
Where can you find offline training resources ?
Some developers or training companies are offering offline courses.
It’s impossible to cover them all but you’ll find those great people :
- Soliant consulting,
- The support group,
- Core Solutions,
- FileMaker Master classes by Ray Cologon,
You’ll find a lot more of them on
You can find a FileMaker Trainer in your area : Search for FileMaker trainers
The network of FileMaker professional trainers offer instructor-led courses at their facilities.
Many of them can even provide customized database training at your organization.
Where can you find online training resources ?
There are a lot of training resources online or offline : Online/offline courses, books, technical guides, e-books, webinars, blogs, DVDs, …
Let’s start with some online courses
– Lynda.com :
Explore a wide range of courses on how to create a database, make tables, or perform database management.
- FileMaker Pro tutorials explain fundamental skills, including how to find and sort data, create reports, and diagram relationships wether advanced tutorials show how to secure your database. share it across the web, and more.
- Lynda.com 10 days Trial Subscription
- FileMaker Pro 14 Essential Training
- FileMaker 14 Platform New Features
- Relational Database Design with FileMaker Pro
- Up and Running with FileMaker Go
– Infinite Skills :
- Learning FileMaker Pro 13 Training Video by Ray Cologon
- FileMaker – Practical Techniques Training Video by John Mark Osborne
– VTC : Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced bundle or individual courses
– Udemy online courses :
– Richard Carlton Consulting :
- Video Training Course for FileMaker® Pro 15 and FM Starting Point
- FileMaker Go course
- other FileMaker courses
– ISO FileMaker Magazine :
Online instructional magazine about learning FileMaker Pro. Providing FileMaker tutorials, videos, example technique files and useful development resources.
– Noteboom Tutorials :
Where can you find FileMaker Forums ?
Get help with technical questions or report product issues on the free technical support forums.
You can choose to dive into the FileMaker Pro Forum or the FileMaker Server Forum or the FileMaker Go Forum maintained by FileMaker Inc.
Some FileMaker aficionados have also developed some very active and interesting community based forums :
– fm Source (french)
– fmqc (french resources in Canada)
– Clarify (dutch)
– FileMaker Guru (Italian Forum)
Do not hesitate to send me other links to the places you find important !
Where can you find FileMaker Customers stories ?
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.
Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage information, and boost overall productivity.
- More than 20 million copies delivered
- More than 2,000,000 downloads of FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone
- Products available in 15 languages
In almost every segment of business, education and government, millions of our delighted customers use FileMaker to organize projects, people, assets and more.
I would suggest you to explore some of the various officials FileMaker websites around the world !
More particularly the “Customers stories” pages on FileMaker websites :
But also on my Learning-FileMaker Scoopit